Sunday, October 4, 2009

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?

Jesse is a huge geography nerd, so on the second day of being in Ecuador, we started geography quizzes. He asks us questions, and then we try to trick him. Pretty much anything goes as far as political and physical geography. Some questions have been the capital of Suriname, the driest desert in the world, location of New Caledonia, and to name two rivers on every continent except for Antarctica. Right now, I know more world capitals than I ever have before (and in 7th grade, I knew North America, South America, Europe and Asia).

Anyways, I would like your help in coming up with a question that might stump Jesse. So if you have a good geography fact, comment and let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and all of the cool things that you are learning and getting to do. I am very jealous!!!

    Ok...so here is a geography fact from my home state of Kansas. Many people say that Kansas is flat as a pancake, but when driving the state from east to west the elevation changes about 3,000ft. From approx. 700 ft. in the east to 4000ft in the west. Its just a super long hill!!!

    Keep having fun. We're praying for you!
    Love,
    Megan Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot more of a change than everyone thinks! I´ll have to keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete